Energy.gov has this helpful guide on exactly how you can reduce your energy consumption and take advantage of significant savings. According to this guide, a household dedicates about 5% of its energy usage to lighting, and switching to energy efficient lighting, like the ilumi LED Smartbulbs, can be one of the easiest and most impactful ways to reduce your energy consumption.
Recent trends show LED bulbs to be the future of lighting. With minimal power usage and unprecedented lumens per watt, LED bulbs can save energy and pay for themselves without sacrificing brightness. With ilumi Smartbulbs, you get the benefits of LED lighting alongside the versatility and utility of our seven pre-programmed lighting experiences.
There’s more to Earth Day than having The World’s Smartest Lights save energy and money! Here are 10 holistically helpful tips for going green on Earth Day:
1. Switch to LED light bulbs to reduce lighting cost
2. If possible, walk or bike to work. Carpooling or public transportation is also a great alternative!
3. "Paper or plastic?" Neither! Opt for a reusable shopping bag.
4. Get a programmable, smart thermostat like Nest.
5. Go paperless - unsubscribed to magazines, newspapers and direct mail programs and opt for digital junk mail instead.
6. Don't run the water when brushing your teeth!
7. Get involved in a worldwide initiative:
10. Go to your local library or purchase digital ebooks instead of buying new printed books.
Also, check out these links from Earth911 for the best eco tips and products for getting you closer to your green goals:
1. Repurpose It: 15 Upcycled Crafts That Honor The Earth
2. Celebrate Home With These 8 DIY Earth Day Craft Ideas
3. Earth Art: 4 DIY Earth Day Craft Projects For Kids
Use these fun tips to make the most out of Earth Day 2015! Follow the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, Instragram. As an Earth Day special, you can also save 20% on ilumi Smartbulbs using coupon code EARTHDAY20. Save money on ilumi while saving the earth!