Attention iOS Users on iOS 10:
There is a widespread Bluetooth problem with devices on iOS 10. This may unfortunately be an issue that Apple will need to resolve but we will do our best to try and get your ilumi Smartbulbs connected again.
We think that we have isolated a workaround. There was a permissions change in iOS 10 regarding Bluetooth Sharing, and this will need to be toggled off and on in order to get connected again in the new ilumi App:
- Close the ilumi app and open iOS Settings
- Scroll down to find the New ilumi App
- Tap to open the ilumi App permissions
- Bluetooth Sharing Permissions:
- If the “Bluetooth Sharing” option is off, tap to turn on.
- If the “Bluetooth Sharing” option is on, tap to turn off, then tap again to turn back on.
- Open the ilumi app and check that you can connect or pair again.
Once you have done this, if you are still not able to connect, try restarting your device fully and going back into the app and checking that you can connect. If you are still not able to connect, please email us right away at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- Did toggling off/on your Bluetooth Sharing permissions not allow you to get connected?
- Did you restart your device?
- Do you have any other Bluetooth devices currently connecting to your device, like the Apple Watch?
- If you have multiple ilumi, are most of your bulbs working except for one or two?
We are working as quickly as we can to isolate the issue to help get users connected again. Thanks so much for your patience!